We have a team here from Indianapolis. It has been a great week so far. The team's focus has been the local art school. We are installing a bathroom and a wall and lights for the kids. It is looking great and I hope that we just have one afternoon left of working on it. The team has also made 2 murals that look so awesome. The team has a great attitude and are really great to be around.
We gave little goodie bags out to the kids that go to the art school. They were filled with pencils and crayons and a sucker, just general stuff. We visited one girls family afterword and she said that she was going to share her things with her sisters. It was really sweet to see this young girl share when she has so little.
We have had beautiful weather these days... sunny and no rain. It gets really cold at night, but the days are beautiful. Dave and Leisa who are missionaries with 6:8 in Costa Rica are staying at my house and helping me run this team. I love them and enjoy spending time with them. It has been a blast to get to know them more and lead a team here in guatemala together. I had done teams with them in Costa but here its different. They had never come to guatemala before and I think they are liking it. It is also nice to have someone staying with me in my house! I love the company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is always so great to read your posts! I know it is difficult to post often because of your crazy busy schedule, but know there are people out here who check in on you often!! I love to hear how God is working in the lives of the team members, the people you minister to, and especially you!! I will continue to pray that God uses you in a mighty way to lead these beautiful people to a relationship with him.
ReplyDelete