One thing that I do a ton of working for 6:8 ministries and doing teams is Interpret. I like it because it gives people the ability to communicate and understand each other that would other wise be impossible. Interpreting has brought me many different places in life... from the intensive care unit to today which was interpreting a wedding. Jorge and his wife Marisol who live here in Costa Rica decided to renew their wedding vows, but also get married in a church which has always been Marisol's dream. Jorge is the pastor of a local church so he obviously couldnt marry himself. Duke the president of 6:8 was asked to do the ceremony. Since Duke doesnt speak spanish and the whole congregationa and Marisol dont speak Spanish I was called in to interpret. I felt really inadequte to say in spanish repeat after me. I thought what is i make an error, then they will repeat it back as an error or correct it ahhhh. It was actually all fine though. It was so interesting to be such an integral part of a ceremony like that. I have got to see some cool things interpreting and be a part of expierences that I wouldnt otherwise get to do if I didnt speak spanish. People told me I did a good job after but what do they know, because they could only understand one side, they dont know if I was interpreting correctly or not. Haha.
PS- in case you are wondering... Translating is what you do when you write out a document from one language to another, interpreting is when you are speaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment