Monday, March 8, 2010

team arrived yesterday.

I am in Costa Rica still and now we have another group here from University of Florida. They are all excited and we have a really great week planned for them. This morning we are going to a local school that is really poor and run down and we are going to paint the outside. We are also going to teach the kids english. It is going to be great because the kids love to have people to play with them and care care about them. Yesterday we went to visit a lady who used to be a witch. She used to cast spells and was feared by many people in the community. Now she is old and has lots of health problems. She has diabetes which cause ulcers on her legs because it goes untreated. We brought her food and prayed for her. She is really sweet and always begs us to pray for her. She makes me think about how much we all need prayer and when have I felt so in need of prayer that I would beg strangers to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment