I am about to leave to go to the feeding center here in Costa Rica. There are about 25 to 30 people that attend regularly. It is open monday, wednesday, and friday for lunch. It is for the people that are drug addicts and alcoholics. Most of them sleep on the streets and the meals that they receive at the center are some of the only they eat all week. The people are dressed in ragged clothes, smell bad, and look like they could have used a shower a week ago. But they are some of the kindest sweetest people that i have meet in costa rica. I love them! They give me hugs and are so thankful for everything. They tell us that we are the only ones who show them love and give them hugs. People just walk past them and are scared of them. When you get to know them you see how beautiful they are!
Last time I went to the feeding center, a guy named Memin (pronouced: may-mean) old me hey beautiful you didnt know it but you are my girlfriend. I explained to him for 10 minutes that i wasnt. He is really nice (i dont want him to be my boyfriend, though haha). Pray for him he struggles with drugs and alcohol. He needs a place to live. Pray that he sees the love of God and that he turns to him for all he needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment